At the time of the future Queen Victoria’s birth, ‘the excellent Mademoiselle Siebold’ emerged from the delivery room to announce the birth of a girl to the gathered dignitaries with considerable delight, adding in her thick German accent: ‘Verr nice beebee. No big but full. You know, leetle bone, mush fat.’
- Mad Lord Adolphus, Lady Susan and Bertie’s Baby
- George Bridgetower: The Black Violinist at the Court of the Prince of Wales
- The Curious Tale of Queen Victoria’s dresser
- Prince Albert’s Birth: Is there any truth in the rumours of illegitimacy?
- Charlotte von Siebold – the Pioneering German Midwife who delivered Queen Victoria