Queen Victoria’s dress sense – or rather, lack of it – was a subject that regularly provoked the despair of her courtiers. Despite his best efforts, the court painter, Franz Winterhalter, who painted some of the most fashionable women in Europe, could not disguise Victoria’s slightly provincial air…
- Mad Lord Adolphus, Lady Susan and Bertie’s Baby
- George Bridgetower: The Black Violinist at the Court of the Prince of Wales
- The Curious Tale of Queen Victoria’s dresser
- Prince Albert’s Birth: Is there any truth in the rumours of illegitimacy?
- Charlotte von Siebold – the Pioneering German Midwife who delivered Queen Victoria